Sunday, July 26, 2015

Update to "Share..."

I got some welcome feedback on Facebook, from my last post on the purported picture of the Whites in front of their car. The photo itself apparently only identifies the young lady on the far left as Lillian White. The woman in the middle I thought I recognized as Lillian's mother, Mary Elizabeth (Farnham) White. That's when the trouble started. I made the unwarranted leap that the man on the right was Luke White, Lillian's father. But those in a better position than I to know thought not.

Photo from previous blog in which the man on the right was erroneously identified as Luke White

The notes on the back of this photograph identify all three people:

Clifford Sprague, Luke White, Edward White (left to right).

Cliff was a family friend, perhaps a friend of Ed. And the consensus of opinion was that the man in the upper picture is him as well. I know that I know I should stick to facts, and I do try, but it's good that there are people to help keep me on the straight and narrow! Sorry for the mistake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Norm,
I recognize Uncle Ed in the one picture. I think we also have the picture with Alfred as a baby but I don't think we knew that was him or who the lady was. Thanks to Kay Ellen for that information. Glad you are coming across more information on your Mom's side of the family too. I can't believe you were able to find information out based on DNA. That is amazing.
Thank you again.

Ron Johnson

West Cork Update

This blog post comes to you from the city of Cork, Republic of Ireland. I had initially planned this trip to be tagged on to the end of th...